Re: problems with NSMatrix insertColumn and GS vs Mac difference

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: problems with NSMatrix insertColumn and GS vs Mac difference
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 00:10:21 +0200

Hi,

Fred Kiefer ha scritto:
Sorry, I was completely wrong in my first reading of the documentation. There
is only one small difference between the current GNUstep implementation and
Apples. When there are no cells at all in the matrix and you insert a new
column or row with a cell array, Cocoa will complain about the size of the
array not matching the existing row or column number. Of course this behaviour
is stupid, but we probably should adopt to it. Or at least print out a warning
message.

yes, in that regard I think we are "smarter" and apple is stupid. However I agree with your. This does not explain however that with code that works on Apple (e.g. resize to 1 column, insert one column) I get instead two columns on GS. It may still be tied to how an "empty" and a "resized to 1 column but no real data" cases are handled.

I will try to investigate that more, but after a couple of days of travel.

Riccardo