Re: Using ProjectCenter for applications with gdl2

From: Edwin Ancaer
Subject: Re: Using ProjectCenter for applications with gdl2
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 19:52:04 +0200

Apparently, I made a mistake:  I was editing makefile.preamble in GWorkspace, while changingthe linker parameters in ProjectCenter. When linking, it was certainly not using the file version with ADITIONAL_LDFLAGS += ADDITIONAL_NATIVE_LIBS += EOControl EOAccess EOInterface that I found later, because that gave errors.  The solution was to add  -lEOControl -lEOAccess -lEOInterface as linker flags, probably what Germán had in mind.

Sorry for the fuzz.

Another remark,nothing important,   a small inconsistency I found whle fooling around with the libraries : when I manually add the libraries with ADDITIONAL_LDFLAGS, I can use ADITIONAL_LDFLAGS += ADDITIONAL_NATIVE_LIBS += EOControl EOAccess EOInterface  to make it work

When doing the same with ADDITIONAL_GUI_LIBS, I have to use
ADDITIONAL_GUI_LIBS += -lEOControl -lEOAccess -lEOInterface or I get linker errors

Edwin Ancaer

Germàn,

That worked, thanks.

I tried adding the dividual names there, like 'EOControl EOAccess EOInterface' not the whole line ADDITIONAL_NATIVE_LIBS += EOControl EOAccess EOInterface. .

Strange enough, now in the GNUmakefile.preamble, I have:

# Additional flags to pass to the linker
ADDITIONAL_LDFLAGS += ADDITIONAL_NATIVE_LIBS += EOControl EOAccess EOInterface

It looks a bit weird, but if it works....

Thanks again.

El mar, 16-06-2015 a las 15:37 +0200, Edwin Ancaer escribió:
> Hello,
>
> I have a small practical question. When linking my aplication, in
> which
> I use gdl2, i need to add ADDITIONAL_NATIVE_LIBS += EOControl EOAccess
> EOInterface to GNUmakefile.preamble, otherwise, I get linker errors.
>
> The problem is that ProjectCenter keeps rewriting this file before
> building, so I have to do the update for each modification I make.
>
> I suppose there must be a way to tell Projectcenter to add these files
> automatically, but I don't find how.
>
> Can anybody help out with this (a link to the documentation is much
> appreciated).
>
> Thanks already,
>
> Edwin Ancaer

Have you tried add this to "Linker Flags" at "Project Inspector" (first
button at right)?

Germán