Re: Extreme slowdown on Debian stable

From: Andrea D'Amore
Subject: Re: Extreme slowdown on Debian stable
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 09:27:52 +0200

On 16 June 2015 at 09:09, Germán Arias <germanandre@gmx.es> wrote:
> This is a bit strange, because the debian packages uses the default
> layout (fhs), so you don't need source the GNUstep.sh script. Are you
> sure you don't have remains of other GNUstep installation?

I'm sure I don't have those, it's a fresh new install of jessie and
there was no prior GNUstep installation.

As side note I'm using fish as login shell and lightdm to handle
graphical sessions.

I ended up sourcing GNUstep.sh in ~/.xsessionrc (lightdm doesn't
source ~/.profile or ~/.xprofile), this provides a correct environment
in the whole X session so starting app from GUI works as expected.

--
Andrea