Re: Setup ProjectCenter, No executable for project found

From: Nicolas Kessler
Subject: Re: Setup ProjectCenter, No executable for project found
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 13:36:28 +0200

Hi Ricardo,

Thank you for your reply.

I did set the "Root build directory" (thought it should be set to
GNUSTEP_USER_ROOT). I guess it should have been left unspecified. Most
probably this told PC to look for the executable outside of the
project's directory. When "Root build directory" is unspecified, PC
finds the executable.

Regarding the main window I did miss checking "visible on launch
time"...

- --------------
ProjectCenter is working fine now. Here's what currently (June 2015)
needs to be done to install ProjectCenter on Arch Linux:

Install from official repositories (community):
gnustep-back
gnustep-base
gnustep-gui
gnustep-make

Install from AUR
gorm.app-svn

You could also install gorm from source. The packagebuilds for
ProjectCenter in the AUR are all broken. To install it from source:

Download the source code from:
http://www.gnustep.org/resources/downloads.php#ProjectCenter

Unpack it and cd into the directory with the source code. Then run:
make
make install

You can then launch PC (ProjectCenter). If you are new to PC and ObjC
http://www.gnustep.org/experience/PierresDevTutorial/ is a nice
tutorial to get you started.

To successfully build your project, you have to go to
Info->Settings->Build and click on "set". Set the path to /usr/bin/make
(assuming make is there). I also (under miscellaneous) set the debugger
to /usr/bin/gdb. Leave the setting "Root build directory" empty.
Enjoy :)
- --------------
I'll ask the current maintainer what to do about ProjectCenter's
packagebuild in the AUR.

I don't run a blog... Any suggestions to make this how-to more
accessible for other arch users who want to get started on GNUStep
development?

ProjectCenter is still printing the final candidate path into the
console, but it works.

Kind regards,

Nicolas Kessler

- --