Re: Debian and Ubuntu packages - 2015/06/03

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Debian and Ubuntu packages - 2015/06/03
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2015 13:22:08 +0000

Both clang and gcc are viable compilers to use to build GNUstep.  The clang compiler supports more features than gcc currently does and, thus, enables more applications.  I have no problem with it.

GC

On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 9:18 AM Svetlana A. Tkachenko <svetlana@members.fsf.org> wrote:
> should write on the Debian mailing list, asking
> for the possibilities to build gnustep and related software with clang.

If the people on this list find clang-ish GNUstep an ok idea, then I agree that a move in this direction is desirable. Maybe not to the Debian list but to the current maintainers of these packages (such as Yavor mentioned in the last message).

Svetlana