attachment size problem and clickable area

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: attachment size problem and clickable area
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 23:03:05 +0200

Hi,

thanks to a hint of Andreas, I fixed GNUmail to display properly the icons of attachments, there was a sort of hack used only for Cocoa, but once "fixed" it works on cocoa 10.3-10.4-10.6 and is needed on GNUstep too. Probably one of the many things that were not "bugs" in GNUstep or Mac but were handled conditionally in GNUMail.

These attachments are handled in NSAttributedString+Extensions.m

A cell is attached in the attributed string, showing the Icon and below the filename.

On Mac, everything is fine and works this way: you can click on the whole "area" of the cell, be it the icon or the file name. The click pops up a file save panel.

On GNUstep, the "sensible" area to click is somehow shifted to the left or anyway smaller. Where it works, the click gets handled, but not everywhere. I suppose that the icon gets placed centered relative to the below filename and while displayed correctly the click region is not correctly recalculated.

Can you reproduce the problem? Fix ideas?

Riccardo