Re: GNUStep 20th anniversary - GNUstep summit

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: GNUStep 20th anniversary - GNUstep summit
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 20:14:17 -0500

Hey guys

On Saturday, March 7, 2015, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:
Am 06.03.2015 um 12:14 schrieb Richard Frith-Macdonald:
> On 5 Mar 2015, at 12:54, Ivan Vučica <ivan@vucica.net> wrote:
>>
>> Seven, including Gregory and me.
>>
>> So to confirm: - who would be unable to attend if we had event in
>> Vienna (majority of interest so far)? - who would be unable to
>> attend if we had event in Dublin (possibly easier to get to for
>> more people)?
>
> I can not attend Vienna (because of the dates).
>
> Dublin is easiest (apart from somewhere in the UK like Cambridge or
> London of course) for me to got to, but really in my case timing is
> more of an issue than location (though obviously places which take
> more than a day to get to, provide more timing challenges) and I'm
> certainly willing to consider other alternative locations.

I have stayed out of this discussion because I don't have much time to
send on GNUstep at the moment and I rather spend that on fixing bugs.

I second this sentiment.  The main reason I want to come is to meet everyone in person in addition to the opportunity to work together.

 I really would love to come to a GNUstep anniversary meeting, but wont
be able to promise anything in advance. I think the first criteria for
this meeting should be what we want to achieve with it and where this
could be done best. We will need at least some room to meet in and it
should be easily accessible.

Also agreed.  Perhaps we should plan something like a hacking session so we can accomplish a few things and, perhaps, knock out a few longstanding issues as well as have some GNUstep related discussions.

I am not totally sure but I think I have been to a Linuxweek in Vienna
before, if that is the conference that takes place in the town hall, and
that was rather disappointing. Even the old Linuxtag, when it still took
place in Karlsruhe, ages ago, was more interesting. And none of the
Vienna based GNUstep developers even attended that conference. another
cometogether in Cambridge would be the the best option for me, but David
seems have to lost interest in GNUstep :-(

I hope he hasn't lost all interest. Once a GNUstepper always a GNUstepper. ;)

Apart from that having our own rooms in Dublin if Ivan can arrange for
that, seems best. Just like Riccardo I have the fondest memory of the
meeting in Les Marecottes, but this is no longer an option.

Fred

I hope this one can be made as memorable. :)

Later

--
Gregory Casamento
http://ind.ie/phoenix/