Re: signature error NSPopUpButton with clang

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: signature error NSPopUpButton with clang
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 19:40:56 +0100

Hi David,

Riccardo Mottola wrote:
The type for the selector used in the call will be the static type of wherePopUp. What is the type declared as, what is the actual run-time type of the object?
wherePopUp is
  IBOutlet id wherePopUp;

but don't we know from the error message that it is a [NSPopUpButton itemAdIndex] ? It expects an NSInteger both by Cocoa spec and by our own header, I checked. We pass a constant to it, 0
since casting does not help and in from what I understand I am passing an integer constant, thus signed, where else could be the problem? Other suggestions?

Thank you,

Riccardo