Re: Wondering if ~/GNUstep shouldn't be ~/.GNUstep (i.e. hidden..)

From: Stefan
Subject: Re: Wondering if ~/GNUstep shouldn't be ~/.GNUstep (i.e. hidden..)
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 14:47:23 -0600

Personally, I think we should try to conform a little more to the
freedesktop.org XDG directory structure
(http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-0.6.html). In
particular, I think we should put defaults in ~/.config or $XDG_CONFIG_HOME
directory.

Now that GNUstep uses separate defaults files, we can just dump the files
directly there.

If this were the case, we could simple move the ~/GNUstep directory structure
to ~/ since it would only exist if somebody installed something to the HOME
domain.

Anyway, it's just a thought.

Stef