Re: What would be the most complete GNUStep system?

From: Stefan Bidi
Subject: Re: What would be the most complete GNUStep system?
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 13:33:48 -0500

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 8:52 AM, Asiga Nael <asiganael@yahoo.com> wrote:
From the comments, I realize Darwin is hardly an option. But I think the Mach kernel would be a great choice for me, because of fat binaries. Is there any other OS apart from OSX/Darwin that also uses the Mach kernel?

That would be GNU Hurd.  The problem is that the Mach kernel is very old microkernel technology and unsuitable for modern environment.  The GNU Hurd project has been talking about replacing Mach for at least as long as I've known about the project (over a decade).  The problem is that their code is strongly coupled with Mach and hard to port to other microkernels.

Also, XNU is not Mach.  It is Mach + FreeBSD.  It's not a microkernel, like Mach.