Re: GWorkspace question

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GWorkspace question
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 23:23:57 +0100

Hi,

On 10/29/14 21:20, Edwin Ancaer wrote:
So it is not I that choose an application, it is the application that decides the file types it can open.
Is there a way to tell what extensions an editor is handling?
well, an application advertises what filetypes it can VIEW and EDIT NSRole (Viewer, Editor).

Then YOU can choose among all installed application which advertised themselves. You have one default, but with with GWorkspace's inspector you can choose to open a file with any of the advertised apps
I suppose if nobody usus Gemas to edit txt files, it might not be the best choice for it.
What is the editor I shlould use for txt-files?

I use Ink...

or you can make a wrapper around non-GNUstep apps as Charles suggested.

Editing single GS app and adding file types i mroe a hack, adding TXT to gemas will probably work, but if you add a totally wrong file type it won't.

Riccardo