Re: GWorkspace question

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: GWorkspace question
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 12:16:11 -0600

Hi

On 2014-10-29 11:55:05 -0600 Edwin Ancaer <eancaer@gmail.com> wrote:

> With my scrolling problems solved, I want to start using as much GNUstep
> applications as possible. The first victim is GWorkspace. My question is
> how I specify in GWorkspace that I want to use the Gemas editor to open
> .txt, .m, .h, ... files. From the user guide by Dennis Leeuw, I got the
> impression I should have the choice from a list of suitable applications,
> but I see no list. What's more, I can't find a way to b wse around to the
> application I choose.pplications: The tools inspector only lets me select
> from an empty list. What am I not seeing here?
>
> Kind regards,

After install Gemas, or any other documents based app, you should run the tool
make_services. Then restart GWorkspace, and you will see listed the new apps.
However, notice you can specify Gemas to open txt files. Although Gemas can
open any text file, txt is not listed in type files for Gemas. Should I add
this?

Germán.