Scrolling problems in GNUstep with recent Linux distributions

From: Edwin Ancaer
Subject: Scrolling problems in GNUstep with recent Linux distributions
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 10:36:39 +0200

Hello guys,

is there anybody who is using Gworkspace, ProjectCenter, Gorm.... in short any GNUstep application on an Ubuntu 14.04 or Fedora 19/20 based distribution.

I'm asking because on these distributions, I'm experiencing problems when scrolling: the text gets blurred on the screen, the lines are no longer aligned...

It might be due to an unofficial libcairo version 1.13...(I must be carefull here or Fred Kiefer will come and kick....) in these distributions , but I seem to be the only person complaining, So it must be that
  1. everybody is using Gnustep on older distributions or on xxxBSD, or on Hurd or on anything where you can youse GNUstep, except Ubuntu/Fedora....
  2. nobody is really using gnustep, but someone is pretending it is still alive, and sending all these mails on this mailing list
  3. I'm the only person with this problem

In the last case, I will have to admit in public I'm the idiot that cannot even compile and install GNUstep (and I've done some installations the last weeks), and should be banned from using computers any longer

I'm not asking that anybody solves this problem, but I need to know if I'm really unable to install GNUstep, or that there is at least somebody else with the same problems... or, in case of option 2, send me a private mail confirming GNUstep really is a joke. I promise I won't tell anybody.

Hoping somebody can end this agony before it drives me mad,

Edwin Ancaer