Re: Cant Disable ObjC Exceptions?

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Cant Disable ObjC Exceptions?
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 06:23:47 +0100

On 8 Jul 2014, at 21:49, Jeremy Agostino <jeremy@tekserve.com> wrote:

> I’ve got my gnustep-make configured to disable objective-c exception support
> but when I build I get the error that "gnustep-base is configured to use
> 'traditional' exceptions, but you are building for 'native' exceptions.”
> Looking at the clang arguments I see -fexceptions and -fobjc-exceptions. I’m
> not sure where these are coming from. I even edited common.make and commented
> out the sections that append those flags to the OBJCFLAGS and LDFLAGS and
> they still show up in the build arguments. Where could those flags be coming
> from?

When you configure gnustep-make, you are setting the flags to be used by the
compiler for exception
When you configure gnustep-base, you are setting the way excepotions in the
base library are to be implemented.
You must configure both the same way, otherwise you would get a situation where
you subsequently build code with exceptions handled one way, but link it with a
base library which implements exceptions the other way.