Re: Scripting!

From: Kevin Ingwersen
Subject: Re: Scripting!
Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 18:03:07 +0200

Hey guys!

Thanks for your replies - and for the little fun hidden within the lines…that
exception got me laughing for good. :)

I did see Small/StepTalk actualy, but neither of them did compile on my Mac -
Cling included. I did find Cling actually, but it throws about 29 errors on a
single file, that of course terminates the compilation for good.

I was indeed looking for a scripting language with the square brackets, as it
gives the language a nice structure, realy.

I will look at the LanguageKit and see what it offers! It so far sounds very
interesting, especially that it uses a JIT compiler.

Since there does not seem to be any scripting language with valid Objective-C
syntax, I might just sit down and write my own, with the help of a more
experienced developer then. Might be interesting to hook it up with GnuStep as
a framework to extend programs with a scripting language…who knows, somebody
may find this interesting. :)

Kind regards,