Re: IA: regular-gnustep.iso LiveCD (stable builds available)

From: Dan Hitt
Subject: Re: IA: regular-gnustep.iso LiveCD (stable builds available)
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 23:32:21 -0700

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 7:14 AM, Michael Shigorin <mike@osdn.org.ua> wrote:
> ..... here are the images built on stable branch
> in addition to the ever-changing Sisyphus based ones:
> http://en.altlinux.org/Starterkits/gnustep

Thanks Mike for preparing this.

It installs very easily on my computer (although this is a different computer,
a Dell Inspiron 560, than the one i tried the earlier version on before, which
was a Compaq).

As i think Riccardo said, it does look very nice loaded up with all
the gnustep software.

Now . . . i need emacs in order to use any computer, but if i try
    apt-get install emacs
(as root) i get:
    E: Couldn't find package emacs

I presume this means that somehow i'm missing something in /etc/apt?

Thanks again for your work, which i think is very good for gnustep.

dan