XML XXE

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: XML XXE
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 13:46:31 +0000

Just pinging in case our NSXMLDocument implementation is vulnerable to XML XXE.

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/XML_External_Entity_(XXE)_Processing

libxml2 after 2.9 has this disabled by default.

On iOS (and presumably OS X) one is safe only by specifying NSXMLNodeLoadExternalEntitiesNever.

I can't check right now, but if GNUstep does behave the same way as OS X/iOS, anyone writing network services and using GNUstep's NSXMLDocument may want to check that they are safe.