Re: GNUstep on Android

From: Mathias Bauer
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Android
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 23:50:21 +0200

Am 30.03.2014 22:07, schrieb Ivan Vučica:

> On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 9:05 PM, Mathias Bauer <mathias_bauer@gmx.net
> <mailto:mathias_bauer@gmx.net>> wrote:
>
>     I don't understand what your comment should tell me.
>

> My understanding of your last email was that you had success with
> building an Android application that uses Objective-C, and that you are
> asking for further ideas on what to do.

Ah. I see. That seems to be my fault. :-)

I wanted to say that I'm curious what I will see when I proceed going
further down the road. Seems that this didn't get across. But
nevertheless thanks for you interesting suggestion. :-)

>     I'm trying to find out if porting an Objective-C library to Android
>     that uses libobjc2, libdispatch and gnustep base (no GUI, no
>     graphics) (and thus requires porting of these libraries also) is
>     feasible. If you think that this does not make sense, I would be
>     interested to read why. Wasting time is not my favorite occupation. ;-)
>

> I have only worked with libobjc2 and gnustep-base and successfully
> deployed an .apk that uses both.

Interesting. Any pointers ... ?

Currently I'm trying to convince the "configure" of gnustep base to use
the Android toolchain and find the freshly built libobjc2 for linking.

Regards,
Mathias