Re: NSOperationQueue - Killed after 40 seconds

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: NSOperationQueue - Killed after 40 seconds
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 14:45:27 +0000

Did you try attaching GDB and observing why the process is killed?

Are you observing the memory usage?

What is the output of „dmesg | tail” just after the process is killed?
--
Ivan Vučica

On 22. ožujka 2014. at 10:00:30, Zettifour (zettifour@googlemail.com) wrote:

I want to migrate my OS X project to Linux (Ubuntu) but I run in some trouble
with parallel background task. The app is killed after 30-40 seconds
(message on the terminal: Killed). During running the GUI responses very
slow and after some seconds the GUI fades out from grey to dark grey. My app
processes a big number of csv files. ARC is enabled. Here is the compressed
code:

[importFilesButton setAction:@selector(importFiles)];

- (void) importFiles {

NSOperationQueue *queue = [[NSOperationQueue alloc] init];
NSMutableArray *taskArray = [[NSMutableArray alloc]init];
for ( File *file in files ) {
NSInvocationOperation *operation = [[NSInvocationOperation alloc]
initWithTarget:self selector:@selector(importFileTask:)
object:importFileTaskParameter];
[taskArray addObject:operation];
}

[queue addOperations:taskArray waitUntilFinished:YES];
}

On OS X/Xcode no problem.