Re: Another unwinding problem on ARM

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Another unwinding problem on ARM
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 07:23:54 +0000

On 19 Mar 2014, at 22:44, Mathias Bauer <mathias_bauer@gmx.net> wrote:

> I'm curious about your opinion about this problem. The patch works, but the
> question remains: should it be fixed in the runtime or in the compiler?

I think this is an LLVM bug.  I'll see Renato next week and talk to him about
it then.

I'm a bit hesitant to add the hack to the runtime, because it's possible that
we'll have absptr encodings later that actually are absptr (e.g. in statically
linked parts of the code or as a result of some rtld optimisation).  Given that
we haven't yet had a release of LLVM with ARM EHABI support enabled by default,
I'd be inclined to not officially support exceptions on ARM with anything
before LLVM 3.5, and make sure that it works well in 3.5.

David

--
This email complies with ISO 3103