Re: IA: regular-gnustep.iso LiveCD

From: Dan Hitt
Subject: Re: IA: regular-gnustep.iso LiveCD
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 08:10:14 -0800

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 7:32 AM, Michael Shigorin <mike@osdn.org.ua> wrote:
>         Hello,

> The images are available here (scheduled for weekly builds):
> http://nightly.altlinux.org/sisyphus/flavours/gnustep/
>
> Here's the information on Regular Builds project:
> http://en.altlinux.org/Regular

> Thus a barebone image is provided so those who install it can
> customize on, and those who need to tweak the LiveCD can do so
> by patching the distribution profile; the exact profile used
> to build a particular image is included as .disk/profile.tgz
> within the (CD/Flash, BIOS/UEFI) hybrid ISO -- those interested
> are invited to ping me as most of mkimage docs are in Russian;
> English translations are not a problem but obsolete docs
> are evil as seasoned developers know.
>
> PS: I'm not subscribed to the list, please CC: me too
> (asking Greg to hopefully let this message through)

Michael, this is fantastic!!!!!

I did install on a partition and i do have a few technical questions.

This may not be exactly the list to discuss them on, so please tell
me where.

Just for reference, my two technical problems are:

It does not apparently see how to use my network hardware
(i have a dell inspiron 560).

Second is that /etc/apt/sources.list is empty except for a comment,
so i don't know what repositories to use.

I can probably fix the second one if i get the list of repositories by booting
from another partition and mounting and fixing the one i installed on.
But the first one would require some kind of code patch, and maybe
i have to reinstall more intelligently, or somehow regenerate the
iso itself --- i'm not entirely clear from your message.

In any event, thanks very much for putting this and Sisyphus
(what a name!!!) together, and thanks for any info on how to address
these problems or what mailing list i should use.

This is something i've wanted for a long, long time.

dan