Re: GNUMail - editing window crash

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GNUMail - editing window crash
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 23:03:14 +0100

Am 03.02.2014 um 10:30 schrieb Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it>:

> Hi,
>
> Riccardo Mottola wrote:
>> So do you suggest removing line 213, setDelegate:self?
>> The NIB file just sets the delegate to NSOwner.
>>
>> As a first test, it seems to work! I see no "loss of functionality"...
> I need to correct myself. If I don't set the delegate, i don't get
> windowWillClose, thus no deallocation of the Controller and the Window is
> triggered. Thus it clearly avoids all the problem anyway. No deallocation no
> problem :)  But that wasn't the original goal.

I am not sure I can follow that argument. Please have a look at the code in
NSWindowcontroller. Look at the method setWindow. There we make sure we get the
NSWindowWillCloseNotification. There still might be a reason, why the
controller should be the delegate of the window, but is it really this one?

Fred