Re: ANN: One Step to GNUstep - GNUstep Virtual Machine

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: ANN: One Step to GNUstep - GNUstep Virtual Machine
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 11:45:00 +0100

Hi Richard,

really thanks a lot for your good work! Keep it up!

I'm sorry I'm not always able to solve your problems, but we do make progress.

As a reference, next steps I plan as releases:
- SystemPreferences, it is essentially ready and needs to get an official release. But together with the release I need to find the time to update all the webpages - ProjectCenter: it contains many minor fixes which should get public, but I want to finish the current Windows issue Gregory borught out - GWorkspace: it contains many fixes... I'm waiting for them to settle, I'm not reading complaints in the past weeks :)
- FTP

Pantomime, GNUMail and LuserNET are getting my attention currently, there seems to be a lot of cruft, there was more than a single major problem. It might be good to ignore the OpenBSD problems if I can prove it usable enough on other platforms.

All this GNUMail stuff slowed me down in the website re-design and Graphos which has cool stuff cooking., but I really think the world needs updated sources for those, they taint our image!

Riccardo

Richard Stonehouse wrote:
                             13th January 2014

                       One Step to GNUstep version 0.9.6

   One Step to GNUstep is a ready-to-use software development environment
   for Objective C programmers. It can run on most reasonably powerful,
   modern computers. It is quick and easy to install.

   It provides the language facilities you need for developing in
   Objective C, together with the GNUstep libraries and a collection of
   GNUstep-based applications and development tools.

   Simply import it into a virtualisation system — such as Virtual Box,
   VMware Player or QEMU-KVM — and you're ready to go!