Re: Chameleon as basis for UIKit in GNUStep?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Chameleon as basis for UIKit in GNUStep?
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 10:22:50 +0000

On 4 Jan 2014, at 05:21, Patryk Laurent <plaurent@me.com> wrote:

> Has anyone on this list tried using the open-source Chameleon framework?
> "The framework currently implements about 60% of UIKit after nine months of
> work.” (http://chameleonproject.org/)
>
> I was wondering whether it would be helpful as a starting point for adding
> UIKit support to GNUStep.

The code is permissively licensed, so (as long as copyright notices were
retained and the FSF didn't object), there'd be no problem importing it into
GNUstep, and some of it may provide a good base for UIKit work.  It might be a
good idea for CoreGraphics / CoreAnimation work to have 'running Chameleon' as
an explicit goal: having demos of some open source UIKit apps modified to use
it would be a great way of encouraging people to contribute to UIKit support.

David

--
This email complies with ISO 3103