Re: What's the new direction?

From: Jamie Ramone
Subject: Re: What's the new direction?
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 15:56:13 -0200

I don't think there's a lack of need. Just look at how many people have been asking for help on this issue lately. Every time I see them the reply is usually "why would you or anyone want to do that?" Testing some software they're developing in Cocoa on GNUstep without the need of a VM as you said is just one example. They could want to do that to make sure it'll work properly on non-Mac systems. Or to move away from it. Or because of an issue with proprietary software, whether ideologically or practically inclined (e.g. licensing issue of some kind). In any case all those replies DO suggests reluctance, which is why I said what I said.