Re: What's the new direction?

From: Kevin Ingwersen
Subject: Re: What's the new direction?
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 01:29:35 +0100

Hello and thanks for the nice replys! …and for the fast replys too.

Now I understand, and am no longer confused by the topic names, and can savely
resume my work on finalizing my Mac OS port. Its pretty much done by itself,
but it needs a lot of tweaking. I get a good amount of compile errors - but I
will open a new thread for these.

@Lars: GSWeb, aka. WebObjects, is not what me and my friend are looking for.
Find more here: http://github.com/sihorton/deskshell
Our SDK is based off the more modern techologies. We have the browser we want -
CEF. But we need to embed CEF ontop of a GUI. And that is a quite not-nice
part. So it has become my task to find a solution. I have thought about using
GNUstep for the GUI part. CEF does everything else. A bridge - the actual
deskshell project - makes CGI scripting possible and will in general make it
possible to develop many different kind of apps. drag0n, as mentioned before,
just being one of a few. But as it will make redistributing of deskshell apps
possible - and easier - it is said to be the largest.

@Riccardo: Thanks for the very detailed information. Some things made me think.
The redistribution part is indeed something pretty interesting. On OS X I will
see how I can best organize the redistribution. On linux - well, that is
extremely easy with tools like apt/zypper and what not. :) But for Windows, we
should find a way to make that easier. Just imagine you create an app and want
to publish it to as many Windows users as possible - they all have to either
install the Runtime or use a mega big package, as you suggested.

Kind regards, Ingwie! ^.-.^

PS. This here, is a very communicating mailing list. +1! ^^