Re: Opinion polls UIKit and Website...

From: Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: Opinion polls UIKit and Website...
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 08:42:08 +0100

Hi,

Am 19.12.2013 um 23:59 schrieb Gregory Casamento:

Some opinion polls relevant to the recent discussion...

Should GNUstep's website be updated?

Should GNUstep support UIKit?

Well, I would ask for more alternatives because the outcome of these yes/no questions is almost obvious.

And, since we have very limited resources and can't do everything, I would rephrase the questions more like:

* How often do you use the GNUstep web site (daily, weekly, monthly, never)?
* How long does it take in average to find the information you are looking for?
* If I don't find something, I usually: give up, ask on the mailing list, try Google, propose an update of the web page?
* How do you rate the content (too much, just ok, incomplete)?

* If only one is possible, which direction should GNUstep go with highest priority: 100% compatible to Cocoa 10.9 API, run on Windows, support UIKit API, Theming, ...?
* With second highest priority...

* How would you like to see GNUstep in 5 years: the most widely used GUI toolkit, the GNU desktop, ...?

etc.

This would IMHO give a much better picture (of course needing interpretation and actions).

Some articles I have found:
http://www.accesscable.net/~infopoll/tips.htm
http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2009/02/effective_polls/index.php

BR,