Re: display UTF-8 characters

From: Moon Elf
Subject: Re: display UTF-8 characters
Date: 16 Dec 2013 12:11:22 GMT

On 2013-09-21, Nerijus Baliunas <nerijus@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> how do I display UTF-8 characters in gnustep app (SimpleAgenda in my case)?
> Is it enough to set font with SystemPreferences app? Should I make font before
> with mknfonts? My locale is LANG=lt_LT.UTF-8.
>
> Regards,
> Nerijus

You can also use gettext where a function such as _("string-to-be-translated");
converts a string in several languages. Just compile and link that C library.

By displaying Strings with [[NSString new] UTF8String] you can display them in
UTF8 display systems such as Cocoa or GNUStep windows and widgets.

If you want the same for a _shell_ you use the locale, not counting terminals
written with UTF8 support on the visual etc.

ME
--
Member of the DR rogue circle.
Search and you will find.