Re: libgnutils 2.8.x+ break gnustep-base, possibly others

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: libgnutils 2.8.x+ break gnustep-base, possibly others
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 10:25:11 +0000

On 28 Nov 2013, at 09:55, Kevin Ingwersen <ingwie2000@googlemail.com> wrote:

> There is no pkg-config on a mac. o.o’
> I do not use Fink/MacPorts, because these tend to confuse builds, and link
> against wrong libraries. I did try homebrew, but I dont like it :/
> So I have no pkg-config on my system.

Well iI guess a simple optin might be to install pkgconfig, but if Apple don't
provide it then it's quite likely that they have also removed the pkgconfig
information files provided by packages like gnutls.

That probably leaves two options:
1. install a copy of pkgconfig and build/install your own copy of gnutls (so
its information will be found by pkgconfig and you'll be able to build software
that uses it such as gnustep)
or
2. add mac-specific tests to the configure.ac script, which will locate the
apple version of gnutls when the normal mechanisms are not available.