Re: building on debian wheezy 7.0

From: Michael P. Soulier
Subject: Re: building on debian wheezy 7.0
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 05:25:13 -0500

On 03/11/13 Riccardo Mottola said:

> I fear you have overlapping applications. But please try to
>
> 1) make sure PRICE works. Open it and open an Image from its "Open" menu

It works.

> 2) type "make_services" and then restart GWorkspace

That's much better. Now my apps show up and I can associate them with my file
types.

> Philippe packages unstable stuff, that is, really what is being
> tested and developed lately so for sure it has to work. I wonder if
> the "switch" from the Debian old-cruft to the super-new-unreleased
> happened smoothly. For sure they can't co-exist.

If the package names changed, then the new ones should obsolete the old ones.
Otherwise, I likely have multiples installed with different names at different
locations.

I might uninstall everything gnustep related and then try again.

> this is wrong, IMHO. You shouldn't have ".app" bundles in
> /usr/share/GNUstep ? I am confused by your setup.

That's the Debian maintainer, AFAICT.

> I'd mark as missing "LaternaMagica" (single-window image viewer,
> compared to PRICE which is more a multi-document image filtering
> program). GSPdf (a PDF & PS viewer, which wraps ghostscript and is
> very useful for printing preview).
>
> You miss other minor apps, but all the essential stuff seems to be there.

They didn't show up until the make_services...at least not in the inspector.

Mike