Re: Ubuntu and Debian packages / 2013-09-27

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: Re: Ubuntu and Debian packages / 2013-09-27
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 20:32:55 +0200

Hi Gabriel,

On Thu, Oct 03, 2013 at 11:56:28AM -0700, Gabriel Sulliger wrote:
> Nice what you did. I love the goals of the Hurd, and with the latest
> Debian Hurd 2013 release, I think that the Hurd is going better each
> day. So you updated packages for i386 and AMD64 processors
> architectures and what about trying to port GNUSTEP as the first Hurd
> GUI? Because I heard that Gnome and KDE don't works. If GNUSTEP can
> live upon the Hurd servers, it would be a big step done for the Hurd
> project and a GNEWSTEP (;-P) in the GNUSTEP adventure.

Running GNUstep on the Hurd is a nice idea but not one I'm willing to
work on, sorry. I'm already spending too much time on my computer to play
with stuff that will probably never go anywhere. We already have more
than functional free operating systems.

Anyway, that's only my opinion. If you want to work on this I'm sure
you will find support on this list (each functional platform is a
plus) so go for it :o)

Thanks,
Philippe

ps : étant français je maîtrise effectivement assez bien la langue !
--
Alunissage : Procédé technique consistant à déposer des imbéciles sur un rêve
enfantin. Pierre Desproges