Re: Themes (again)

From: Liam Proven
Subject: Re: Themes (again)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 20:24:22 +0100

On 27 September 2013 19:47, Xavier Brochard <xavier@alternatif.org> wrote:
> On 2013-09-27 17:48:22 +0200 Liam Proven <lproven@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 27 September 2013 16:21, Xavier Brochard <xavier@alternatif.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I mean "like others do" :  release a set of tarball files and a few
>>> instructions to setup.
>>

>> *Tarballs*? Seriously?!
>>
>> No. Not tarballs. That is the last thing that we want to be doing. Not
>> in 2013. In 1993, yes; in 1998, maybe.
>

> it is what other successfull desktop project do (kde, gnome, xfce, ...).

Aha, I see what you mean now.

Well, where does Debian get its current GNUstep software for packing from?

> tarballs are for packagers, not for end users

And should we not be reaching out to end-users?

>> With modest work, it is possible to produce packages that will install
>> on both Ubuntu and Debian - that would be best of all.
>
> yes, see phillippe's packages.

[Nod] I know about those.

> No. What is missing is a list of things to install (there is no
> gnustep-desktop package with dependencies) and instructions to setup. Second
> step would be to automate this.

Ah, I see what you mean now. I did ask for clarification. I must have
misunderstood.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884