Re: GWorkspace - viewer preference persistence

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GWorkspace - viewer preference persistence
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 21:22:12 +0200

Hi,

Germán Arias wrote:
On 2013-08-26 15:31:36 -0600 Riccardo Mottola<riccardo.mottola@libero.it>
wrote:

Hi,

somebody here noticed a problem I had long known: Gworkspace had serious
problems "remembering" viewers, their state, type of view used and last
position. THis problem was especially serious with many "root viewers" (= new
"alt-V") more than "open as folder" opened viewers.
Yes, I noticed this problem. Other problem I have, is that I can't send files
to recicler
with drag&  drop. And after update, the tabs at preferences aren't show
properly.
But does it work better for you now?

Tabs in the preferences, means something in your build is screwed, it happens for me from time to time. I chnaged nothing there recently!

Drag&Drop in should work fine, both to the recycler (if you have the desktop hidden, then "show recycler") as to the dock-recycler, if you have it. I tested both several times, also with clang/libobjc2. Again drag&drop was fixed quite some time ago.

What happens, the drop is not accepted?

Perhaps you should uninstall and clean all your build (at least of gworkspace, but perhaps core too) and reinstall.

Riccardo