Re: Is GNUstep Examples maintained?

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Is GNUstep Examples maintained?
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 08:03:22 +0100

On 21 Aug 2013, at 07:42, David Chisnall <theraven@sucs.org> wrote:

> The Performance framework also doesn't build with the latest release of
> GNUstep, and we have at least one consumer of it in the ports tree.

I haven't spoken up before because I have no particular knowledge of most of
what you mention, but I do know that the Performance framework builds fine with
the latest release (and with trunk) on several platforms.  So if it's not
building for you then that must be with some specific unusual setup.

Maybe the situation is similar with everything else you have mentioned in the
last few posts?  My guess is that you are creating your ports with quite a
non-standard setup using clang and some particular combination of features that
will not have been used by most other people.

So, if something doesn't build in a specific setup for you, that's no
indication that it's unmaintained.  It would be good if you could provide a
patch or at least a bug report saying exactly where/how each package fails, and
what environment you need to be building in to get it to fail.