Re: ProjectCenter vs ProjectManager

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: ProjectCenter vs ProjectManager
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 17:45:11 +0200

Hi,

Michele Bert wrote:
I've just realized that in the Ubuntu 12.04 repository there are both
ProjectCenter (v0.6.0) and ProjectManager (v0.2) packages.
Are them two different projects, or is one a replacement for the other?
they are two different projects aimed to solve the same task.

Both projects are in back-fire, to my knowledge. ProjectManager has a nicer editor I suppose, but no new releases since a long age. ProjectCenter is kept from bitrotting against new gnustep libraries and slowly evolves; I use it, so I can testify that it compiles and works for many projects, both applications and command-line tools. It lacks however certain features that more complex projects needs.

Once again Ubuntu stuff is hopelessly outdated, file a bug report. latest is 0.6.1 (which itself is from last year). If you use recent compilers, I suggest it. But I suppose the rest of the environment you are getting is equivalently outdated.

http://gnustep.8.n7.nabble.com/ANN-ProjectCenter-0-6-1-td31506.html

Riccardo