quartzcore - placing a CALayer inside an NSView?

From: Mark Aufflick
Subject: quartzcore - placing a CALayer inside an NSView?
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 14:17:01 +1000

I'm looking at GNUstep NSView and the quartzcore demo app and it looks to me like rendering into an NSOpenGLView is the only way to show a CALayer at the moment - is that right?

Changing NSView will be a big task, but I'm thinking as an interim of making a generic NSLayerHostingView class based on the DemoOpenGLView - is that a reasonable approach?

Cheers,

Mark.