Alert panels and timers

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Alert panels and timers
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 23:56:28 +0100

Hi,

could it be that Timers to not work (any more) with Alert Panels, that is Modal stuff?

GWorkspace has a Logout feature which has a timer. It schedules a timer (See WorkspaceApplication.m startLogout) and then a NSRunAlertPanel.

Apparently, the timer never fires, so logout never happens. I'm pretty sure it used to work!

Did something change in GNUstep? Should it work or do I have a work-around?

Riccardo