Re: GWorkspace hangs on first exit attempt. Remote objects problem?

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GWorkspace hangs on first exit attempt. Remote objects problem?
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 11:41:29 +0100

Hi,

On 03/08/2013 08:04 AM, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:

For me, where it hangs, which is everywhere, I have libobjc2.
I don't have a setup around with gcc libobjc, or old gnustep libobjc.
What runtimes are you using where it works/doesn't work?

for me it works on both NetBSD/x86-32, Linux/x86-32 (debian and gentoo) and FreeBSD-8/x86-32. On all these computers I use gcc with its standard runtime. The only machine where I am able to reproduce it consistently, is my Linux/x86-64 where I use gcc4 + libobjc2

I think to remember I had the problem also on FreeBSD9 which uses Clang. So it looks it is the runtime and/or clang.

Since you can reproduce it easily, can you give Richard the information about the selector? Now with the proper exception handler it is a matter of breaking into [NSException raise] and quitting GWorkspace.

Riccardo