Re: GWorkspace dock transparency and other goodies

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GWorkspace dock transparency and other goodies
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 11:40:42 +0100

Hi,

On 03/05/13 11:22, David Chisnall wrote:
Transparency in X11 requires a compositing manager to be running.  Modern DEs
provide one integrated into the WM.  If you're using a pure WM (such as
WindowMaker), you can run a separate compositing manager, for example xcmpmgr,
which is part of the X.org distribution.

The transparency of the Dock is done inside our backend. You just need to have art or cairo. I don't think I'm running a compositing windowmanager, just WindowMaker.

Of course, the first thing to do is to check if in the "preferences" of gowrkspace, under "Desktop" there is the dock style "classic" vs "modern" selection.

Riccardo