Re: GWorkspace ddbd dying when mdextractor connects

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GWorkspace ddbd dying when mdextractor connects
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 12:45:00 +0100

Hi,

On 02/18/13 02:13, Ivan Vučica wrote:
On 17. 2. 2013., at 21:23, Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:

Without looking at the issue more deeply, perhaps not. Maybe the crashes
currently occur because some object tries to talk to the connection object,
which is released. And the singleton does not reinstantiate the object because
the singleton's pointer is not nil, so it has no idea it should do so.

So unless some object might talk to NSConnection's instance, I doubt the crash
will occur on ddbd closure (if this was indeed the cause of the crash).

I tried that, but it was not that. I just committed some other fixes to ddbd, regarding autorelease pools. Maybe they fix this problem too?

Riccardp