Re: Emacs under GNUstep

From: Citizen Jimserac
Subject: Re: Emacs under GNUstep
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 06:32:49 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 7, 12:58 pm, Germán "A. Arias" <ger...@xelalug.org> wrote:
> Try with the latest pretest:
>
>  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-24.2.93.tar.xz
>
> This have improvements to compile with GNUstep.

Tried to configure and compile but after ./configure

checking for X... true
configure: error: You seem to be running X, but no X development
libraries
were found.  You should install the relevant development files for X
and for the toolkit you want, such as Gtk+, Lesstif or Motif.  Also
make
sure you have development files for image handling, i.e.
tiff, gif, jpeg, png and xpm.
If you are sure you want Emacs compiled without X window support, pass
  --without-x

What libraries it want? I have gtk+ and lesstif.   Or does it want
development versions of these libraries.

Also, I already have tiff, giff, jpeg etc. libraries installed.  Or
does it want development versions of these too?

(using Fedora Core 17)

Thanks
J.