Building GNUstep from source - failed tests

From: edwin ancaer
Subject: Building GNUstep from source - failed tests
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 10:23:13 +0100

Hello,

I was looking for an interesting platform to refresh my programming skills. After looking around a while, it found GNUstep/Etoilé looking interesting.

I've been building GNUstep following the instructions in 'Downloads: Installation instruction'  on the Etoilé website.

Everything went fine I sucessfully built make, base, gui and back.

However, when I ran the 'make check' for the base package, I got the following result:

   7552 Passed tests
     25 Failed tests
     19 Dashed hopes
      5 Skipped sets
      1 Failed file

Given the fact that ProjectCenter seems to be working fine, do I have to worry about this, or is it normal that some tasts fail?

The failed tests are of the form:
Testing propertyAttrs.m...
Running base/Functions/propertyAttrs.m...
Passed test:     Lookup succeeded for property charDefault
Passed test:     Proprety name should be 'charDefault' was 'charDefault'
Failed test:     Property attributes for charDefault should be 'Tc,VcharDefault' was 'TcVcharDefault'
Passed test:     Lookup succeeded for property doubleDefault
Passed test:     Proprety name should be 'doubleDefault' was 'doubleDefault'
Failed test:     Property attributes for doubleDefault should be 'Td,VdoubleDefault' was 'TdVdoubleDefault'
Passed test:     Lookup succeeded for property enumDefault
Passed test:     Proprety name should be 'enumDefault' was 'enumDefault'
Failed test:     Property attributes for enumDefault should be 'Ti,VenumDefault' was 'TiVenumDefault'
Passed test:     Lookup succeeded for property floatDefault

To me it seems like they are coding, so I wonder if I've been using the sources of a developmant version?

Further, how do I have to interpret these errors from the tests: are they really pointing to serous problems, given the fact that ProjectCenter (seems) to work correctly?

Thanks in advance for helping out,,

Edwin Ancaer   .