Re: Emacs looking for support

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs looking for support
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 15:50:02 -0500

>> Ever since Emacs switched its macosx support from the old Carbon code to
>> the new NS code, Emacs has provided some kind of support to run as an
>> GNUstep application.
[...]
> A year ago I was testing emacs with gnustep, but sometimes this was
> annoying. I was using the emacs from bazaar. Sometimes I was able to
> compile emacs, and sometimes I had errors (after some changes in the
> trunk).

Indeed, because of the fact that even when it builds, and runs, it
doesn't run well enough, nobody uses it, and because nobody uses it, the
build often gets broken without anybody noticing.

That's why I'm asking here for help: Once the GNUstep port is of good
enough quality to be used, it should be a lot easier to make sure that
any breakage that gets introduced is detected and fixed much
more quickly (as is the case for other platforms).  But we first need to
get to this "usable" state.

        Stefan