Re: GWorkspace: hang on exit. Clang?

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: GWorkspace: hang on exit. Clang?
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 09:49:44 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 24. Oktober 2012 01:50 CEST, Riccardo Mottola
<riccardo.mottola@libero.it> schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> anyone else noticed the problem that GWorkspace doesn't "quit" when
> issuing "quit" and choosing quit in the alert panel?
>
> I cannot reproduce it on all computers. On linux/gcc/x86-32 it just
> seems to work fine!
> On freebsd8/gcc/x86-32 it works fine too.
> On freensd9/clang/x86-32 it hangs and I get the following exception:
> 2012-10-23 23:22:17.898 GWorkspace[3318] reported exception -
> <NSException: 0x2bd04344> NAME:NSInvalidReceivePortException
> REASON:invalidated while awaiting reply INFO:(null)
>
> I tried breaking in GDB, but it seems to have problems right now on that
> platform
> I get a lot of:
> Dwarf Error: Cannot handle DW_FORM_<unknown> in DWARF reader [in module
> /Local/Library/Bundles/IBViewViewer.inspector/IBViewViewer]
>
> and it doesn't stop in [NSException raise].
>
> The first thing however would be to understand if it is a clang problem,
> an OS problem or whatever, depending on who can reproduce this problem
> and who not!

I'm not sure, I've seen the Exception, but what I have seen is:
click on quit in the menu, and then also in the panel, and nothing happens.
Then try logout afterward, and it will log you out.
Same thing the other way around, first trying logout, and nothing happens,
then quit afterward, and you are out.

Seen on OpenBSD, i386, using gcc as compiler, and libobjc from gcc.

Sebastian