Re: FOSDEM 2013

From: Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2013
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 12:29:41 +0200

Am 30.08.2012 um 12:01 schrieb Ivan Vučica:

Hi all,

I took a quick look at FOSDEM's site:
  https://fosdem.org/2013/

First, what are the expenses apart from transportation that those of you who participated over the last few years commonly experienced?

Not really much.

You need a train ticket from the airport to downtown at 2-5€. And a hotel room (>60€). Plus a 3 day local transport ticket (I think also ~5 €).
During the fair you need some ct for the coke vending machines and some baguettes/french fries etc.
And dinner at a restaurant...

The FOSDEM participation is not only free but for free (but they welcome donations!).

For 2012 I did pay roughly 400 EUR incl. everything. 20% of that was to get to my local airport (MUC) and their car parking fees...

Second, looks like the deadline for requesting a devroom is October 1st, so in case someone will be applying, that date needs to be kept in mind.

@Lars: you did a wonderful job last time... Please can you repeat based on the 2012 blueprint?

Nikolaus