Re: SWK - problem building the framework

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: SWK - problem building the framework
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 14:32:04 +0200

Hi,
Wolfgang Lux wrote:
Riccardo Mottola wrote:

Where is the problem? A problem with the organization of subprojects? But it
walays worked and the recent makefile changes should be only minor (added
package information, etc)
The problem were your changes to the GNUmakefiles. You moved the definition of
a few variables from Source/GNUmakefile to GNUmakefile and that list included
SimpleWebKit_INTERFACE_VERSION. That variable, however, describes a property of
the framework and not of the project as a whole. I have reverted this change
and now everything should build fine again.
Thanks for spotting that, the subproject is thus self-contained.
Thanks for explaining that, the make manual page doesn't report a framework example, especially with a subproject.

Wolfgang

PS I have also removed the include of $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/framework.make you
added to the top-level directory. This include was pointless as the top-level
directory does not build a framework; it is the Sources subdirectory which does.
That's fine then. I did not understand well the role of the aggregate project. I added some package information and new resource files and during the cleanup I broke what I did months ago.

Riccardo