Re: GDL2 can't build [Was: Re: Debian and Ubuntu packages]

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: GDL2 can't build [Was: Re: Debian and Ubuntu packages]
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 09:36:16 +0200

Germán A. Arias wrote:

> El lun, 06-08-2012 a las 00:02 +0200, Sebastian Reitenbach escribió:
>> On Sunday, August 5, 2012 20:09 CEST, Philippe Roussel <p.o.roussel@free.fr>
>> wrote:

>>> I'm getting :

>> and you don't seem to be alone:
>> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?35558
>>
>> Sebastian
>>

> I have the same problem to build GDL2. This is with GNUstep from SVN and
> GCC 4.6.1.

Is this on a (more or less) recent Debian system? I have seen similar errors
for another project when upgrading to Ubunutu 12.04. In the end it turned out
that these errors were due to a linker change, which no longer automatically
re-exports symbols from shared objects/libraries that are defined in other
libraries. Adding a few more -l flags to ADDITIONAL_TOOL_LIBS solved the
problem for me. Since I'm not using (and have never used) GDL2, you'll have to
find out the correct makefile variables and libraries yourself.

Wolfgang