Porting Gnustep and Gworkspace to less conventional gnu based systems

From: wave
Subject: Porting Gnustep and Gworkspace to less conventional gnu based systems
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2012 21:20:49 -0300

After some work, i have fixed lots of makefile trouble.

I have my base system, syllable desktop 0.6.6, building itself again, without using builder.

I had learn basics about gnu autotools, and now i want to start porting gnustep bases
and then port gworkspace to this system,wich as haiku and beos, uses appserver instead of X.

Also, i want  to modify Gworkspace to prevent it from closing when i click the "X" button on any window, then enabling it to serve as a GUI.

In the future, i want to fuse together the appserver and this gworkspace-based gui to save code and footprint.

But here, i have questions i need to resolve:

How do i find wich parts of gnustep base do i have to adapt to syllable before being able to build it?

Wich parts of gworkspace makes it exit when closing a window?

Does exist gnu tools like autoscan to see the compatibilities and incompatibilities between the parts, at least, for having an acceptible starting point?