Re: ProjectCenter & Emacsclient editor setup?

From: Csanyi Pal
Subject: Re: ProjectCenter & Emacsclient editor setup?
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 09:23:35 +0200

DantoAC <dantoac@lavabit.com> writes:

> El Fri, 27 Jul 2012 10:10:13 +0200
> Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> escribió:

>> I have installed gnustep from the
>> deb http://coyote.octets.fr/pub/gnustep/packages/wheezy/amd64/ ./
>>
>> repository:
>> ProjectCenter version 0.6.1
>>
>> I have the environment variable EDITOR setup in files:
>> ~/.xinitrc
>> and
>> ~/.xsessionrc
>> export ALTERNATE_EDITOR="emacs" EDITOR="emacsclient"
>> VISUAL="emacsclient"
>>
>> I first start Emacs.
>> I have setup in ~/.emacs file for emacs server-mode:
>>  '(server-mode t)
>>

> seems that when you start emacs, you're always starting it in server
> mode.

Sure.

> you should start emacs in your xinitrc like following:
>
> emacs --daemon

It is not necessary for this to work.

> then, your environment variables could be:
>
> ALTERNATE_EDITOR="emacs" #a new instance of emacs
> EDITOR="emacsclient -t" # text-mode client, connects to running daemon
> VISUAL="emacsclient -c" # x11 gtk client, connects to running daemon

These settings doesn't help to solve this problem.

>> When I click in ProjectCenter in the main window browser on the
>> Supporting Files/GNUmakefile,
>>
>> a new Emacs window appeares with the following message:

I tried out to use Midnight Commander with my emacs settings for
emacsclient and it just works. So when I want to edit a text file within
MC I hit F4 and get the message in the MC window:
Waiting for Emacs...

and in Emacs I get the opened biffer with this file.

So this isn't work with ProjectCenter. Why?

--
Regards from Pal