Re: GNUstep Startup breaks my installation

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: GNUstep Startup breaks my installation
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 18:55:30 -0400

The best thing to do is to get them from gna via svn for the latest code.

On Friday, July 20, 2012, A Wiebe(Work) wrote:
When I run gnustep startup in an attempt to update my gnustep version, my main menu for WindowMaker breaks.  Initially I installed my GNUstep package using apt-get– but those packages seem a bit out of date(byt about 0.4 versions, however when I run gnustep-startup it seems openapp and the menu just break, however telling the debian package to reinstall itself fixes the issue.

Does anyone know how I can install the latest gnustep on debian and not have it break, or should I install another distro for the time being( its in a virtual box, so I can drop in the most stable linux distro compatible w/ GNUStep.